Happy weekend to everyone!
I don’t know how I managed to forget to post this yesterday, but here we are. Quick and easy strawberry sauce. I also just realized that July 4th is on Wednesday and I need to get baking, so this post is also going to be quick!
This sauce tastes like strawberries and not like sugar with a side of strawberries. :)
This was insanely good on these pancakes but it’d be good over cheesecake or anywhere else you’d use sauce.
Honey Sweetened Strawberry Sauce
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready in:
- Yield: 2½ cups
- 540 grams (about 3 cups smooshed / 19 ounces) rinsed off, patted dry, and hulled really sweet strawberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- zest of two lemons (optional)
- ~1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
- Place the strawberries in a medium pot or large saucepan and smoosh with the bottom of a glass (being careful not to scrape your pan if you're using a non-stick pan).
- Add the honey, vanilla and zest, if using, and cook over medium for about 10 minutes. The mixture should thicken a little, but if it doesn't, put the cornstarch in a little bowl / measuring cup, and just stir in enough cold water to turn it into a thin paste.
- Add about half of this to the sauce, stir, and see if it's thick enough.
- Add the rest if needed. It'll thicken a little as it cools. Store in the fridge for no longer than one week and freeze any leftovers.