White Chocolate Raspberry Coconut Truffles

So after making these white chocolate raspberry blondies, I was obsessed with the white the chocolate / raspberry / coconut butter combination.

As soon as I took a bite of the blondies, I put my apron back on and started making these. The raspberry sauce is a bit fussy, but you really don’t want raspberry seeds in your truffles. It’s just not pleasant.

Does anyone know why these came out kind of purple? Some kind of chemical thing? They were supposed to be pink. Red + white + off white does not equal purple.

These are creamy, but not super creamy like your average chocolate and cream truffles. And the coconut taste isn’t strong, but it’s still there. If you like the texture of shredded coconut, go ahead and throw some of that in there.

White Chocolate Raspberry Coconut Truffles

• Yield: 24 balls

• 8 ounces (225 grams) frozen raspberries, thawed
  • 120 grams (4.2 ounces) homemade coconut butter (not coconut oil!)
  • 400 grams (16 ounces) white chocolate, chopped

1. Cook the raspberries in a small saucepan over medium heat until reduced to about 6 tablespoons (about 3 - 5 minutes).
  2. Run this through a food mill into a medium pot. Add the chopped white chocolate and coconut butter and mix together until thoroughly combined and the chocolate is melted.
  3. Place in the fridge for 1 - 2 hours or until it's firm enough to roll into balls. I rolled mine into about 24 balls, each about 1 inch. Store in the fridge, although I let mine at room temperature for about a week and they were absolutely fine.
  4. If desired, pipe with melted white chocolate, microwaved in 30 seconds increments until melted.

32 comments on “White Chocolate Raspberry Coconut Truffles” — Add one!

• Saraaa says
    February 15, 2013 @ 7:56 pm

I made these a week ago one night when I "needed" something sweet. They turned out really great with a very pleasant magenta color. I love white chocolate but find it achingly sweet, so the tart raspberries were the perfect match. I actually rolled mine in unsweetened cocoa powder since I love chocolate+raspberry and to take the sweetness back a notch. Divine. My friend came over, fell in love with them, and we immediately went out and bought ingredients for her to make them for Valentines this week for work. I'm thinking about bringing some into a meeting at work next week as well, dipped in dark chocolate. Thanks for the recipe! (I followed you over from Chocolate and Carrots)

• Erin replies to Saraaa
      February 15, 2013 @ 8:08 pm

I'm so happy that you and your friend liked them! And good to know what color yours came out. I still can't figure out how mine came out almost purple. Oh, and cocoa powder is a great idea. I'll have to try that next time! Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate that you took the time to leave some! And thanks for letting me know that you found me over at Caroline's. :)

August 23, 2012 @ 9:09 am

Anon – You dumped all the leftover ingredients from the blondie recipe? Hahaha. Well, I hope that works. :) I cooked the raspberries for about 5 minutes… I'll add that to the recipe! Thanks for pointing that out. Did you like the blondies? Sure hope so. :) Thanks for your comment!

• Anonymous says
    August 23, 2012 @ 5:15 am

Hi!! Thank you so much for this recipe! I just made them and theyre in the fridge now:) I didn't use the exact measurements you used (basically I just dumped all the leftover ingredients from your blondie recipe) so I'm not sure how they'll turn out… And I dont have a food mill so its not exact smooth haha. But I love raspberries and coconut and white chocolate so I'm sure they will be yummy! Just a question though, approximately how long do you keep the raspberries on the saucepan for?? Thanks again!

August 18, 2012 @ 12:56 pm

Evan – What?! I feel like I'm constantly making coconut butter. I wish I had your overabundance problem. :)

• Evan Thomas says
    August 18, 2012 @ 3:41 am

I have so much storebought coconut butter I need to get rid of and no ideas what to do with it. This recipe looks delicious and fantastic!

August 16, 2012 @ 5:34 am

Flavia – Oh, good! Love having matching food / blog. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Claire – Thank you. :)

Kathryn – Thanks! I like to keep things simple.

Christina – Or you can make your own! There's a link on how to do that in the recipe. Although I've heard the Artisana stuff is creamier. No store bought coconut butter in Germany (at least that I've found) so I'm totally content with homemade. :)

Ashley – Thanks! Isn't white chocolate the best? I don't understand why there are so many white chocolate haters out there. I hope you'll like them!

Maureen – Thank you very much! I hope you like them. :)

Lora – Thanks!

Anna – Thanks! And yeah, it's a good one to start with because it's so easy. :) Not that truffles are all that difficult!

• Anna says
    August 16, 2012 @ 3:42 am

MMm these look so yummy! White chocolate, coconut, and raspberries?? Yes, please! I've never made truffles before but this would be a great recipe to start with!

• Lora says
    August 16, 2012 @ 3:22 am

These are gorgeous! I love the color.

• Maureen | Orgasmic Chef says
    August 15, 2012 @ 9:12 am

wow, these are so attractive. I look forward to making them soon. Love your blog!

• Ashley says
    August 15, 2012 @ 6:57 am

Mmm I am a huge white chocolate fan so I will have to try these. Beautiful pictures!

• sweetpeaskitchen.com says
    August 15, 2012 @ 4:44 am

These look absolutely incredible! I have never had coconut butter before, but after seeing these I need to get my hands on some! :)

• london bakes says
    August 15, 2012 @ 4:15 am

Woah, these sound amazing Erin! It's such a great flavour combination and I love how few ingredients these have!

• claire @ the realistic nutritionist says
    August 14, 2012 @ 11:04 pm

Holy cow!!! these are STUNNING!!!!!

• Flavia Andrews says
    August 14, 2012 @ 2:44 pm

BTW Erin, the truffles look pink on my screen! :) they actually match your blog beautifully!

August 14, 2012 @ 2:25 pm

Miryam – I don't really think they taste sinful. I think they actually taste quite light. :) Maybe because of the coconut? I don't know. But they won't make you feel naughty!

Jill – Thank you!

Amy – What I figured out is that you gotta do it really quickly. If you try to do it slowly, it's a mess. But quick and sloppy works here!

Jessica – I hope you like them!

JulieD and Marta – Thanks. :)

Flavia – They do have a hint of coconut! It's not super strong, but it's there. :)

Lauren – Thank you! Happy the purple color doesn't turn you off. :)

Cassie – Yeah! The blondies are my favorite. I hope you can try them!

Heidi – Thank you! They looked so incredibly boring without the white chocolate. Not that they look exciting with it, but I think I've figured out that balls always need piping. Other they're so ugly and boring!

Sarah – Thanks! The purple thing is weird, though. But you're right, no cause not to eat them. :)

Sally – Haha. That second sentence made me laugh. I don't know why. It just sounds funny. :)

Becca – Oh ,come on. :) At least eat fruit! Vegetables are nasty, I know, but fruit is sweet! And thanks. :)

Anna – Thanks!

Natasha – What I do is fill it almost to the top and then do it a few minutes at a time and when it gets too warm, I give it a rest and then start like 30 minutes later. But I don't want you to kill your processor! I use desiccated but shredded should take less time. I hope you can try!

Barbara – Aww, thanks. :) Happy you like the color! And I responded to your frying comment. But really, I LOVE fried food. Sadly.

• My Italian Smörgåsbord says
    August 14, 2012 @ 10:37 am

they are totally good enough to sell and to become extremely popular. these are just as amazing as the chocolate ones. and I love purple! ps: I unswered on my post regarding lightly fried food. ain't that bad!

• butterbaking says
    August 14, 2012 @ 10:31 am

Erin you're killing me, all these things look amaaaazing. I need to make me some coconut butter. Just a little worried I'll burn out my food processor! (he's old!)

• Anna @ hiddenponies says
    August 14, 2012 @ 4:39 am

What perfect truffles! Great flavour combo.

• Becca says
    August 14, 2012 @ 4:13 am

These look so cute. I love the whole truffle ball kick you're in. You make them so interesting and pretty. You make me want to eat fruit!

• sally @ sallys baking addiction says
    August 14, 2012 @ 3:11 am

Erin, you are the truffle QUEEN!!!! Love all the little ball recipes you make :)

• baking.serendipity says
    August 14, 2012 @ 3:02 am

I have to say, I have no idea why these are purple, but that definitely wouldn't stop me from eating them! I love the white chocolate and raspberry combination too :)

August 14, 2012 @ 1:52 am

Wow, these are so pretty! I love the color even if it doesn't really make sense, haha. I especially love the white chocolate over top – yum!

• Cassie/Bake Your Day says
    August 13, 2012 @ 11:44 pm

I love raspberry and white chocolate together, these are a fabulous idea. I want to try the blondies and these!!

• Lauren @ Healthy Food For Living says
    August 13, 2012 @ 10:54 pm

These look absolutely amazing, and I love the purplish hue! Gorgeous, and I'm sure delicious =). A definite must-make.

• Flavia Andrews says
    August 13, 2012 @ 9:41 pm

You always wow me Erin! These look so good! I always see the frozen raspberries (or any other other fruit) at the grocery store but nothing comes to my mind…now these will! Do they have a hint of coconut flavor? I love coconut.

• Marta @ What Should I Eat For Breakfast Today says
    August 13, 2012 @ 9:28 pm

it's beautiful and lovely color as well :)

• JulieD says
    August 13, 2012 @ 4:51 pm

Oh wow, these look so indulgent!! I love them!

• Jessica@AKitchenAddiction says
    August 13, 2012 @ 4:50 pm

These are beautiful and sound amazing! I would definitely try them with some shredded coconut!

August 13, 2012 @ 4:39 pm

I think the color is just lovely! and your white chocolate drizzle is perfect – you have one steady hand, my friend!

• Jill says
    August 13, 2012 @ 3:46 pm

Pretty and yummy!

August 13, 2012 @ 2:32 pm

Wow these too look fantastic. They seem really simple to make yet super luxurious. I am sure these taste sinful :-) probably not good for my thighs!! Love the pick light color.