Your Favorite Recipes of 2012

I’ve enjoyed looking at all the 2012 round-ups so I thought you all might be interested in seeing one from me. So here we go! The following ten recipes are your favorite recipes of mine from 2012.

Grain-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls | texanerin.com

So… these things kind of went crazy on Pinterest. With over two million views, they blew away all my other posts. Probably all my other posts put together, even. Thanks to everyone who pinned and left feedback!

100% Whole Grain Peanut Butter Cup Filling Filled Chocolate Brownies | texanerin.com

These were my second favorite of the year, too! You can find my favorite at the very bottom.

100% Whole Grain Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars | texanerin.com

Oh, another peanut butter recipe. I guess people like peanut butter + chocolate.

No-Bake White Chocolate Pumpkin Fudge | texanerin.com

So this recipe is naturally gluten-free, but if you look at the rest of the recipes below… they’re all gluten-free. I want to say a big thank you to all the gluten- or grain-free eating people out there who don’t ignore my recipes just because I’m not specifically a gluten-free blogger. Thank you! :D

Grain-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Balls | texanerin.com

I’d like to take a moment here and vow a few things:

1. To post more consistently. Mondays and Thursdays. No more lollygagging!
  2. To be more timely with my replies to your comments. I appreciate each and every one so thank you everyone! And if you’ve never commented, why don’t you say hey? I’d love to hear from you.
  3. To post more peanut butter and chocolate recipes because that’s clearly what you like.
  4. And to the other bloggers… I vow to be better at reading your blogs more regularly and not catching up a month at a time which is what I usually do.

Is there anything I’m missing? Anything you’d like to see? Tired of seeing? Let me know!

Gluten-free Chewy Pumpkin Cookies | texanerin.com

The one recipe that doesn’t have chocolate. Although they were stuffed with white chocolate ganache…

Grain-free Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies | texanerin.com

This year I got to meet some food bloggers for the first time. So fun! First there was Natasha from Butter Baking. She came over with her friend and we baked lots of cookies. It was awesome.

And then only a few days later, I spent the day with Amanda and her dad. We went to a concentration camp, which was interesting but extremely nauseating at times, and then ate our way across the city. The next day I had the worst sunburn of my life and started my skin cancer awareness week, telling all my colleagues and students that your risk for skin cancer doubles with just five sunburns and your life. And in children, just one blistering sunburn is enough to double their risk for life. So wear sunscreen even if the weather forecast claims it’s going to be cloudy and rainy all day! And always carry sunscreen with you. Public service announcement over. :)

And I’m extremely lucky that Marta from What Should I Eat for Breakfast Today now lives nearby. It’s great to have a pal, who happens to be extremely fun, to bake with! Go check out her photos and let’s hope some of her photography skills rub off on me. ;) Grain- and Gluten-Free Fresh Mint Double Chocolate Cookies | texanerin.com

And next year? I’m going to BlogHer Food ’13 in Austin! Yeah! I’m so excited to be going back to the US for the first time in almost three years and I can’t wait to meet my roomies, Caroline and Miryam. Anyone else going?! We’re gonna eat so much BBQ! :D

Gluten-free No-bake Peanut Butter Coconut Oat Balls | texanerin.com

My favorite balls ever! And I’ve made a lot.

How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter | texanerin.com

It must appear that I’m obsessed with peanut butter from all the peanut butter in this post, but it’s not me, it’s you. :) Raspberry + white chocolate is my favorite.

100% Whole Grain White Chocolate Raspberry Blondies | texanerin.com

Y’all didn’t love these but I did. My favorite.

I wish everyone an amazing 2013 and thanks for reading! :)

47 comments on “Your Favorite Recipes of 2012″ — Add one!

• Alexandra says
    January 14, 2013 @ 5:26 pm

These all look awesome! And I actually saw those blondies at the bottom of the page and thought, "Hey these look pretty good!" And I'm a full on dark chocolate lover, so that's saying something! But I love that you're so committed to making all these amazing looking desserts healthy; that takes some serious dedication and self-control. And I really resonate with some of your blogging resolutions for the year too (like post consistently, respond to comments sooner, and pay more attention to the blogs you follow). These are things I'm constantly kicking myself over too. ;)

• Erin replies to Alexandra
      January 14, 2013 @ 10:32 pm

Hi there! Thanks for your nice comments today. :) And I have no self-control, by the way. I eat it all. By myself. And if brownies are concerned, there's usually a massacre. And I'm getting awful with the comments already! Both on here and on other blogs. Ugh. So let's both get better with that, okay?! Yes. We can be partners. ;) And I'm happy you like the look of the brownies!

• Sarah Hathaway Welch says
    January 6, 2013 @ 1:45 am

I am grain free and gluten free. WOW you have tons of great looking recipes. I am also allergic to peanuts. do you think I can swap for natural almond butter (I get the kind you grind yourself at the store)?

• Erin replies to Sarah Hathaway Welch
      January 7, 2013 @ 8:55 am

Hi Sarah! Natural almond butter is fine. I know that a lot of people have used that in the first recipe in this post with success. But other things like the peanut butter stuffed brownies, I'm sure it's technically work, but I can't imagine it being very tasty. But then again, I don't even like almonds so that might explain things. Good luck and let me know if the recipes come out well with almond butter. :)

January 5, 2013 @ 3:30 am

OK, this is one of the most delicious roundups in my reader :D Everything looks soooo good! As for your goals… Those are pretty much all for me too, haha. Especially #4. I used to be so good at commenting within a day or two of posts being posted… and now I just suck at it. Must get back on track! I'm looking forward to see all your amazing recipes and idea this coming year :D Hope you had a great NYE!

• Erin replies to Heidi @ Food Doodles
      January 7, 2013 @ 8:51 am

Oh, thank you. :) I'm already failing with the reply to comments thing. Yikes. And with #4. I don't know why… I've actually had time the last few days. I also can't wait to see what you'll do this year. I loved cookie week! A perfect way to finish the year. :)

• Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts says
    January 4, 2013 @ 2:55 am

Two million views – look at you go!! What a great year you had, everything sounds so good!

• Angela AnotherBitePlease says
    January 3, 2013 @ 10:05 pm

oh my gosh erin your round up looks so sweet and delicious and love that they all have the healthy aspect of it…love trying your grain free gluten free sweet treats! Happy New Year!!!

• Erin replies to Angela AnotherBitePlease
      January 7, 2013 @ 8:48 am

Happy New Year to you, too! And I'm happy that you like the gluten-free stuff. I was reluctant to start with it but I'm happy people are enjoying them! :)

• JulieD says
    January 3, 2013 @ 7:38 pm

Oh my wow, so beautiful, Erin! All of it!! So glad I found your blog this year!! Happy 2013!!

• Erin replies to JulieD
      January 3, 2013 @ 9:24 pm

Oh, thank you! :) I'm happy I found you as well. I don't know what took me so long! But I do remember how. It was the Biscoff week you did with Bakers Royale. I saw those milkshakes and I was sold! And I hope you're enjoying the new year so far. :)

January 3, 2013 @ 2:07 pm

You definitely can't go wrong with all those chocolate peanut butter recipes. :) All these look delicious!

• Erin replies to Erin
      January 3, 2013 @ 4:12 pm

Haha. I know, right? Someone should just start a peanut butter chocolate blog. Success guaranteed. :)

• megan @ whatmegansmaking says
    January 3, 2013 @ 12:48 pm

Oh my gosh, every single thing looks AMAZING! That first picture – wow, I want those :)

• Erin replies to megan @ whatmegansmaking
      January 3, 2013 @ 4:12 pm

Thank you! :) You should check them out – they're made with chickpeas, only a little honey and are still ooey gooey!

• Sarah Koznek says
    January 3, 2013 @ 5:51 am

I think my sister found your blog via the Grain-free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls on Pinterest, and she sent it to me… and the rest is history! I look at your blog pretty much every day now.

• Erin replies to Sarah Koznek
      January 3, 2013 @ 11:52 am

Oh gosh. I am so sorry you check my blog pretty much every day and find so few new recipes! I feel guilty. But I can tell you now, Mondays and Thursdays. New recipes! Or else you have to come and yell at me for being a bad blogger. :) And I'm so happy your sister sent you the recipe. Thanks, Sarah's sister!

• Jolene - EverydayFoodie says
    January 3, 2013 @ 5:28 am

I am definitely trying those dough balls!! No wonder they went crazy on Pinterst – they look incredible!

• Ashley - Baker by Nature says
    January 3, 2013 @ 12:21 am

Those PB Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls are on my MUST try list! Happy New Year, darlin'!

• sally @ sallys baking addiction says
    January 2, 2013 @ 12:33 pm

SO SO many recipes I am dying to try! Those grain free PB chocolate chip cookie dough balls and the Grain-free Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Balls!! Shocking – both include peanut butter. Actually a lot of the top ten recipes include pb and chocolate. I like your readers' thinking. :) Great goals for 2013 – especially the more pb & chocolate one! I know you can do it Erin!

• Erin replies to sally @ sallys baking addiction
      January 3, 2013 @ 11:48 am

Sally, you have to try the cookie dough balls first! They're made of… chickpeas! The other ones are more like just a slightly sweet snack. And hehe, yes. I can do it! More peanut butter and chocolate for the people. :D

• Baltic Maid says
    January 2, 2013 @ 8:19 am

You have so many delicious recipes. Incredible!
    I wish you and your family a Happy New Year. I hope you had a good "Rutsch" into the New Year! Frohes und gesundes Neues Jahr!

• Erin replies to Baltic Maid
      January 3, 2013 @ 11:40 am

Thank you! And you too. :) I hope you enjoyed your holidays in the US and weren't missing Germany too much!

• The Life of Clare says
    January 2, 2013 @ 5:03 am

Delicious!

January 1, 2013 @ 10:50 pm

OMG all these chocolate goodies are calling my name!! The cookie dough bites where just out of this world and as far as the other ones are concern, I have to get my act together because I want to try to make them all. They all look so gooey, moist and delicious. Maybe you can have some of them ready to go for when you come and visit me :-) Just kidding.

Anyhow, happy new year my friend. I hope 2013 brings you success, happiness and lost of health!!

• Erin replies to eatgood4life.blogspot.com
      January 3, 2013 @ 11:38 am

I pledge to have some of those peanut butter cup stuffed brownies with me when I land in New York! :) Or maybe something else. But there will be goodies! And oh boy. We're going to bake so much. I can't wait! Thanks for the wishes and the same to you. And good luck with your new blogging adventure. :)

• Sonia! The Healthy Foodie says
    January 1, 2013 @ 4:55 pm

Oh, Erin, you did it again! You had me drooling all over my keyboard… All of your recipes look so amazingly good. And that first picture, 2 million views, really? WOW! That's incredible! But I can very well understand, I don't think a picture has ever got me wanting to lick my screen quite as bad as this one does!

And I really wish I was part of that list of food bloggers that you got to meet. If only you weren't so far…

Keep up the great work, Erin, and personally, I say don't worry so much about consistency. Doesn't matter so much to me whether I get my posts from you on the Monday or on the Tuesday. So long as I eventually get my fix!

Wishing you a Happy and Healthy 2013, my dear friend! May you get a sudden strike of "darn! how come I never realized just how amazingly tasty and good veggies truly are?"

Yeah… I know… wishful thinking! ;)

• Loretta E. says
    January 1, 2013 @ 1:03 am

Guess I'm one in two million, because those little balls led me straight to you. (Pretty sure that's the weirdest sentence I've ever written. It sounds so awkward!)

I seriously cannot wait to see what that brain of yours comes up with this year!

Happy New Year's!

• Erin replies to Loretta E.
      January 3, 2013 @ 11:32 am

Haha. It's a great sentence! :D And I'm happy those little balls were good for something! I'm happy we got to meet because of 'em. :)

• Katrina Bahl says
    December 31, 2012 @ 10:45 pm

Those pb coconut balls just rocked my world!!!!!!!

• Erin replies to Katrina Bahl
      December 31, 2012 @ 11:12 pm

Haha. They're totally healthy, though. I bet you could do some super sinful naughtier version of them. :)

• Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations says
    December 31, 2012 @ 8:30 pm

What a scrumptious, delicious blogging year you had! Peanut butter and chocolate is totally my style!
    But I also love raspberries and white chocolate. Ahhh…writing this makes me crave the scones we always have at my mom-in-laws house with those two ingredients!
    Anyways…I am really glad to have 'met' you virtually this year and getting my little dose of Germany once in a while from you :)
    Happy 2013!

• Erin replies to Regina @ SpecialtyCakeCreations
      December 31, 2012 @ 11:11 pm

I'm happy to have met you, too! And I'm so sorry that I'm your little dose of Germany. What a bad person to get that from. ;) Happy 2013!

December 31, 2012 @ 5:05 pm

You've got some mighty tasty stuff there, friend! Hope you've had a great 2012 + an even better 2013 in the works! And I so hope we can meet up when you're in the States! I'm not going to be able to attend BlogHerFood, but maybe we can still find a way to meet up anyway!

• Erin replies to amy @ fearless homemaker
      December 31, 2012 @ 11:09 pm

Thank you! And I sure hope we can meet somehow. My trip to the US wouldn't be complete without some making and eating fun food with Amy time. :)

• Becca says
    December 31, 2012 @ 4:40 pm

Oh my gosh! Everything looks so, so good! I remember making the peanut butter chocolate bars. Those were tasty :P The peanut butter cup brownies look incredible! I'm not sure if I put it on my "to bake" list. If I didn't I don't know why.

Happy New Year! :)

• Erin replies to Becca
      December 31, 2012 @ 11:04 pm

Ehem… those peanut butter cup brownies are way better than the bars. Just saying. :)

Happy New Year's Eve, Becca! Hope you're having fun.