These gluten-free, whole grain and dairy-free coconut peanut butter chocolate bars are so simple to put together and taste unbelievably good!
Coconut oil has been my preferred fat of choice since I found out about its existence about a year ago. You guys have asked me before where to buy coconut oil, and being as I’ve never bought any in the US, I didn’t have an answer for you. But now I do!
The lovely people at Tropical Traditions sent me a quart of their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil to review. Because I’ve never found unrefined coconut oil in Germany, I’ve just always used the refined kind and I was content with that. But you guys, this is really so much better. It does taste of coconut, unlike the refined kind, and is so much creamier.
I made the coconut peanut butter chocolate bars you see above with it and it was a dream! I can’t wait to try it out in some more recipes. I’m definitely going to order some to bring back with me after my visit in the US this summer!
It’s another one of my healthier, no-bake, just-melt-a-bunch-of-stuff-together recipes. It worked out wonderfully! These are basically candy bars using healthier ingredients.
They also happen to be gluten-free.
You can leave out the peanut butter chips if you like and use peanuts instead. But that would be kind of boring. The peanut butter chips make these more peanut butter-y and that’s a good thing. You can taste the peanut butter in the bars, but I’d say the dominant flavors are chocolate and coconut.
You can also use more or less oats or coconut depending on what you want. You could also add in other healthy stuff like nuts or dried berries but I really don’t like *those* kind of add-ins so I kept it at peanut butter chips. :)
You can win a quart of Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil by using the Rafflecopter below! You have up until April 12 at 11:59pm to enter. :)
If you can’t wait to win the giveaway, you can buy it here. They have a buy one quart, get one free deal going on until April 7th and they often have other great offers.
Win 1 quart of Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil!
Tropical Traditions is America’s source for coconut oil. Their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is hand crafted in small batches by family producers, and it is the highest quality coconut oil they offer. You can read more about how virgin coconut oil is different from other coconut oils on their website: What is Virgin Coconut Oil?
You can also watch the video they produced about Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil:
Tropical Traditions also carries other varieties of affordable high quality coconut oil. Visit their website to check on current sales, to learn about the many uses of coconut oil, and to read about all the advantages of buying coconut oil online. Since the FDA does not want us to discuss the health benefits of coconut oil on a page where it is being sold or given away, here is the best website to read about the health benefits of coconut oil.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Gluten-Free Coconut Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready in:
- Yield: 24 bars
- ¼ cup (56 grams) coconut oil
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons (234 grams) natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons (60 grams) honey
- 1 cup (180 grams) dark chocolate chips (use Enjoy Life chocolate chips for dairy-free)
- 1 cup (2.4dl) shredded or desiccated coconut
- 1¾ cups (164 grams) traditional or rolled oats (non-contaminated for gluten-free)
- ½ cup (1.2dl) peanut butter chips (or peanuts for dairy-free)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter chips (or peanuts for dairy-free)
- 2+ tablespoons desiccated or shredded coconut
To sprinkle over the top:
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium pan or pot over medium-low heat. Add in the peanut butter and honey and when thoroughly combined, add in the chocolate chips.
- When melted, add in the coconut and oats. Let cool for 5 minutes and then stir in the peanut butter chips or peanuts.
- Line an 8" x 8" pan with a piece of parchment paper or wax paper. Press the candy into the pan and top with the extra peanut butter chips and coconut, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The bars will stay good for several weeks.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product. If you order by clicking on any of my links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you will receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.