Gluten-free Coffee Cake

I’ve been making this gluten-free coffee cake for about a year now. I feel naughty for not having posted it before. Now it doesn’t look very summery but that doesn’t mean you can’t jazz it up. Blueberries or raspberries would be a great addition! Gluten-free Coffee Cake | texanerin.com I made it into bar form here but you can also bake it up as a normal cake. But with the heat and all, why not cut the baking time in half? :) And if it’s just too hot to bake, go check out the no-bake section for some ovenless recipes! Like with all my other gluten-free recipes, it uses some pretty basic flours: almond flour, coconut flour, and oat flour. Nothing too funky going on there! It’s nice and fluffy and no weird textures. It’s just perfect. Hop on over to Gluten-free Coffee Cake on Good Life Eats for the recipe! Gluten-free Coffee Cake Bars | texanerin.com

25 comments on “Gluten-free Coffee Cake” — Add one!

• Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies says
    July 27, 2013 @ 3:36 am

For some reason, I was thinking about coffee cake today–like, “Kiersten, you don’t eat enough coffee cake. Make a coffee cake recipe.” And then I go to your blog and BAM! coffee cake. I think it’s a sign, yes?

• Lisa {AuthenticSuburbanGourmet} says
    July 22, 2013 @ 1:09 am

Can’t believe this is gluten free! Smile. This looks divine and pinning now to make very soon. Hope you are having a great weekend!

• Jen L | Tartine and Apron Strings says
    July 21, 2013 @ 6:40 am

Anything gluten-free is awesome in my books! Gotta try this very soon!

July 20, 2013 @ 12:38 am

Yum! This looks delicious! Clicking over to check out the recipe :)

• Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking says
    July 20, 2013 @ 12:32 am

Nom nom nom. This looks awesome, Erin! Heading over to snag your recipe so I can make this soon!

• Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips says
    July 19, 2013 @ 10:09 pm

This looks and sounds fabulous, Erin. I’ll have to give it a try. And I love the idea of adding fruit. I’m thinking in the fall, it would be wonderful with apple or pumpkin.

• Erin replies to Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
      July 20, 2013 @ 3:11 pm

This would be awesome with apple! The original recipe also uses ginger, which is nice in the fall. I just wasn’t feeling it now, though. ;)

• Carla @ Carlas Confections says
    July 19, 2013 @ 7:25 pm

YUM! I am all over this! I love coffee cake :)

• Suzanne says
    July 19, 2013 @ 6:35 pm

Nice cake Erin and the bar version does sound yummy too.

• Erin replies to Suzanne
      July 20, 2013 @ 3:12 pm

Thanks, Suzanne! The bar version came about accidentally one day but I’m so happy it did. :)

• The Café Sucre Farine says
    July 19, 2013 @ 5:27 pm

Looks wonderful Erin, and I’m imagining the house would smell amazing as it bakes!

• Becca from Cookie Jar Treats says
    July 19, 2013 @ 4:32 pm

These look like those Quaker oatmeal bars! I like those oatmeal bars. And I like cake and pretty drizzled tops! Great looking cake :)

• Laura (Tutti Dolci) says
    July 19, 2013 @ 1:31 am

I love that we are both on the coffeecake wavelength! This looks so good, wish we could trade slices :).

• Erin replies to Laura (Tutti Dolci)
      July 20, 2013 @ 3:19 pm

But let’s be honest – yours looks so much better! I wish I had some of yours. It’s just more summery. ;)

• Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts says
    July 19, 2013 @ 12:51 am

I love coffee cake, what a yummy looking healthier version!

• Patty
    July 18, 2013 @ 11:20 pm

Now I’m wishing I had a piece of coffee cake-can’t believe you’ve created such a delicious looking gluten-free cake- would love a piece right now …(I’ll even make a pot of coffee!!)

• Erin replies to Patty
      July 20, 2013 @ 3:22 pm

Oh, and how about some hot chocolate for me? And yes, it’s weirdly cool enough over here for hot chocolate!

• Kristi @ My San Francisco Kitchen says
    July 18, 2013 @ 9:26 pm

Don’t you just love when you remember old recipes you haven’t posted yet?! This looks like a great one, thanks :) I would love a piece with my coffee right now!

• Erin replies to Kristi @ My San Francisco Kitchen
      July 20, 2013 @ 3:23 pm

Yeah, I do! :) It’s the best. And I have some in the freezer right now just for you. You can pick it up the next time you’re in Germany. ;)