Chinese Almond Cookies

Soft, chewy and relatively healthy, these grain-free Chinese almond cookies are just as delicious as the more traditional kind!

Grain-free Chinese Almond Cookies from texanerin.com. Also vegan, dairy-free and Paleo!

The Chinese New Year is in four days! Doing anything? I’m assuming not. But you know what you could do? Make these Chinese almond cookies! :D

Not only are they grain-free, but they’re dairy-free and vegan! I often have a problem coming up with vegan goodies, just because I’m fond of eggs in baked goods, but you won’t miss them here!

I made these cookies as a guest post for Beth of Tasty Yummies. If you eat gluten-free or don’t eat gluten-free but like healthier food, you have to check her out! Lots of good stuff going on over there.

If almond isn’t exactly your flavor, try some of the other flavor combinations I mention in the post!

For the recipe, pop on over to Tasty Yummies: Grain-free Chinese Almond Cookies. I hope to see you over there! :)

16 comments on “Chinese Almond Cookies” — Add one!

• Carla says
    February 7, 2014 @ 1:47 pm

Howdy Erin,

Another Texan living in Germany and first time commenter. I enjoy reading your blog and have found it very helpful with the substitutions especially for baking! We are vegan and have no issue with gluten so I haven’t made many recipes but I will be trying the almond cookies this weekend and wanted to say thanks for all the work you do.

• Erin replies to Carla
      February 7, 2014 @ 9:53 pm

Hi, Carla! Where are you in Germany? :) I feel awful that I don’t have more vegan recipes on here. When I make something new, I often think about how I could make it vegan but the eggs… they get me every time! Thanks so much for your kind comment. It was nice to hear from another Texanerin in Germany! :)

• Carla replies to Erin
        February 9, 2014 @ 6:08 pm

We are just south of Heidelberg in Wiesloch. I’m getting better at veganizing things but am not as confident with the gluten free flours AND egg substitutions. And I still enjoy reading even if I don’t end up trying something.

• Erin replies to Carla
          February 9, 2014 @ 6:56 pm

That sounds nice! I hope it’s sunnier down there. I really miss sunshine. ;) PS – I have some whole wheat vegan goodies coming up! Hopefully that’s something you’ll be able to make. :)

• Rose | The Clean Dish
    February 3, 2014 @ 4:01 am

I didn’t even know Chinese Almond Cookies were a thing! Thanks for introducing me to them :)

• Erin replies to Rose | The Clean Dish
      February 5, 2014 @ 9:27 pm

You’ve love these! Grain-free and naturally sweetened. A perfect recipe for you. :D

• Julia | JuliasAlbum.com says
    January 30, 2014 @ 8:46 pm

Erin, I love almond cookies! I mix ground almonds into the cookie dough all the time. I also like to add chocolate chips sometimes.

• Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
    January 28, 2014 @ 6:55 pm

Love how thick and chewy these look!

• Kelli @ The Corner Kitchen says
    January 27, 2014 @ 6:59 pm

What a great change up on traditional Chinese almond cookies! Love these, Erin!

• Lisa @ Garnish with Lemon says
    January 27, 2014 @ 2:52 pm

These look amazing! Can’t wait to check out the recipe!

January 27, 2014 @ 2:20 pm

I love how simple annnnnd pretty these are! Love this recipe!