These spicy potato wedges have a great kick to them and are relatively healthy!
I was going through my posts today and realized that the last seven recipes all started with “100% Whole Grain” and I felt a bit silly. I’m just so excited about 100% whole grain everything that I forget to offer some variety. So here are some spicy potatoes wedges.
I love roasted potatoes. They’re so versatile. You can use up fresh herbs on them or throw in the dried stuff. I’m usually pretty lazy and just use salt, rosemary and garlic powder, but I also like them with a kick. What’s your favorite way to make roasted potatoes?
After I made these potato wedges for the first time, I made it again, but made 10x the amount so that I could have the mix handy whenever I’m craving potatoes. Makes my life so much easier! That and even Mr. T can make them now. Just cut up potatoes, add olive oil and spice. Done!
This is a little weird, but I like to let the potatoes sit for about 10 minutes after taking them out of the oven. They get a little softer, both inside and outside. I’m guessing everyone else likes their potato wedges crispy on the outside, so feel free to skip that step!
These spicy potato wedges are no good reheated, so eat them up while still warm!
Spicy Potato Wedges (naturally vegan, gluten-free)
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready in:
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 1/2 pounds (1.13 kg) potatoes (or 3 pounds for less spicy potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or maybe 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (I have to admit that I end up adding a lot more)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F / 230°C. Pour the olive oil onto a rimmed cookie sheet. Add the spices and mix with the olive oil.
- Clean the potatoes and slice the potato into even wedges. Put the potatoes on the cookie sheet and use your hands to coat the potatoes with the olive oil mix.
- The baking time will vary depending on how big your wedges are. I usually bake mine for 20 minutes, take them out of the oven to flip them, and bake for another 10 – 15 minutes. If you want them crispier, just bake them for a few minutes longer.