I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! Sadly, it was just a normal work day over here.
So here we have the brownie pictures that I thought were lost! Yay. These taste way better than they look. They aren’t super gooey like my brownies normally are, but they are good.
Normally I like to put brownies in the fridge so that they get gooier. That didn’t work here. They just became hard like fudge. So I took them out again. Much better!
There’s also way more cherries in here than it appears but you could always toss in more!
100% Whole Grain Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready in:
- Yield: 16 brownies
- 3 tablespoons (42 grams) coconut oil or normal butter
- 50 grams (a little more than 1/3 cup) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (95 grams) coconut sugar or white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60ml) canola oil
- 3/4 cup (97 grams) whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder (27 grams)
- 170 grams (about 1 cup) pitted fresh cherries
- 180 grams (about 1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips - I only used 100 grams and it wasn't nearly enough!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 176°C. Spray an 8" x 8" pan with baking spray or get out a piece of parchment paper and place in the pan.
- Melt the oil / butter and chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until melted.
- Add the sugar, egg, egg yolk, vanilla, milk and oil. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Add the dry mix to the wet mix and stir only until combined. Do not over mix! Fold in the cherries and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes. If you used a 9" x 9", you'll need to bake them a little less. Maybe 2 or 3 minutes? I don't have a pan that size so I can't tell you. Store at room temperature.