Welcome to Texanerin Baking! My name is Erin, and I’m from Texas. Baking is on my mind – all the time. I used to bake oodles of really unhealthy goodies, but then I realized that I couldn’t continue baking several times a week and remain healthy at the same time.
My Food Philosophy
After two years of healthifying recipes, I thought I’d gotten the hang of it and wanted to share what I’d learned with others who want delicious, yet nutritious baked goods. And so I started this blog in September 2011.
You know how a lot of healthy recipes taste just kind of… bla? Or downright nasty? I loathe healthy recipes that taste healthy.
You won’t find those here. My aim is to create simple, healthier recipes that – most importantly – taste just as yummy as the original not-so-healthy versions. No cardboard-y or grain-y taste here.
My blog started off as a whole grain baking blog, but almost everything I post nowadays is gluten-free with a vegan option whenever possible.
Random Stuff About Me
- When I was 16, I was an exchange student in Sweden and I fell in love with it so much that I went back for another exchange year in college. This is where I met my future husband, who was also doing his exchange year there.
- Every now and then I am asked how my blog’s name came into being. I’ve been living in Germany since 2009, and in German, Texanerin translates to female Texan. And my name is Erin. And I’m from Texas. Texan Erin. Get it?!
- A lot of people assume that we’re a military family because of my German husband. We’re not. He’s a tech guy. I’m not German, either, but Irish American.
- I’m a gigantic Pearl Jam fan. My music taste is stuck in the 90s.
- For the past few months, all I’ve wanted to do is listen to the Interstellar soundtrack and post cocktails. 😆 Horror is my favorite genre, but Interstellar is my favorite movie (and The Wire my favorite show).
I hope you enjoy my recipes! If you make one, I’d love it if you could leave a comment on the post to tell me and your fellow readers how it went.
There’s nothing better than getting feedback and it helps the other readers, too. I would appreciate it so much. Thank you! ♥
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact me and I’ll get right back to you!