Avocado adds an awesome creaminess to this refreshing and healthy raspberry banana smoothie! Would also go well with strawberries or any other fruit.
First of all, I promise you can’t taste the avocado! It magically just blends in with the other fruit. If you want to taste the avocado, just add more avocado and less banana. That way it stays just as creamy.
I got the idea of adding avocados to my smoothies from The Baltic Maid. Thanks Baltic Maid, for making it easier to eat green things! I tried the whole spinach smoothie thing, but it wasn’t for me. Fresh spinach is difficult to find here so I used frozen spinach and… no. Does anyone have a way of making spinach edible? Please share if you do!
This isn’t much of a recipe. Just throw stuff in the food processor or blender and that’s it. Add more fruit, less fruit, different fruit, it doesn’t matter. :) And they keep well on the next day. I usually double the recipe and love having one ready as soon as I roll out of bed the next morning!
I also dislike plain yogurt so these are nice. Three or four servings of fruit (I wish avocados counted as vegetables!) and yogurt. It’s an awesome way to start off the day in a healthy way or to cool off after a day off of running around outside!
Have you ever made a smoothie with avocados? I’d love to hear what fruit you used, if you did! I’m kind of in love with avocado smoothies that don’t taste like avocados at the moment. :) I think my brain is programmed to automatically programmed to dislike and reject anything that tastes “green.” So I need to hide the “green” taste, if that makes any sense!
Raspberry Banana Avocado Smoothie
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Ready in:
- Yield: 1 large serving
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (about 130 grams)
- ½ – 1 avocado (mine was a Hass but you can use any type; mine weighed 130 grams)
- 1 frozen banana, optional*
- 1 cup (250 grams) plain yogurt*
- honey / Stevia / sugar / whatever sweetener you like
- milk, optional
- Blend all ingredients, starting with only ½ an avocado, in your blender or food processor. My blender can’t handle recipes without lots of liquid, so I have to do this one in the food processor.
- Taste it and if you want the other half avocado, go ahead and add it in and blend some more.
- Add sweetener to taste. I add about 1 tablespoon of honey.
- I like my smoothies really thick so I use all yogurt but if you like, you could do half yogurt, half milk.
- Peel and cut the bananas into chunks (5-6 or even small pieces if you’re in a hurry), place in a baggie and then freeze for an hour first.