No-Bake Lemon Coconut Oat Balls (gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free)

These lemon coconut oat balls are naturally gluten-free, sweetened with just a little maple syrup and have a vegan and dairy-free option!

I’ve been in the kitchen almost all day every day for the past few months working on the book but with this latest heat wave and no AC, I thought I’d take a break from baking and actually post something. I made these coconut balls last summer for Food Fanatic but never shared them over here. Food Fanatic added a neat function allowing me to embed the recipes in my posts over here without making you click on another link to get the recipe. So I’ll be doing that from now on so you can see all my recipes. :)

Lemon Coconut Oat Balls – naturally gluten-free and sweetened with just a little maple syrup! With a vegan and dairy-free option.

I absolutely love these little coconut oat balls. They’re so easy to put together – you just mix everything together with a spoon and roll into balls. And they’re super allergy friendly. They’re gluten-free if you use gluten-free oats and vegan and dairy-free if you go a step further and make your own white chocolate. See here for a 4-ingredient vegan white chocolate recipe without any funkiness. And more importantly, at least to me right now, they’re no-bake!

I tried baking this morning but after about an hour, I just gave up and decided to have a day at the computer. Even with a fan pointed directed at me, it’s too hot. You’d think that someone from Texas would be able to better withstand the heat but nope. Air conditioning spoiled me! I’m the biggest pansy around when it comes to the heat.

Lemon Coconut Balls – happen to be gluten-free and they're sweetened with just a little maple syrup! With a vegan option and dairy-free.

But back to the balls! These cheerful little lemon coconut oat balls use coconut butter as the source of fat. Make sure to use coconut butter, which is the ground up meat of coconut. You can make your own coconut butter with a bag of shredded coconut, or you can buy creamed coconut from an Asian food store. I use this kind and it’s just as good as Artisana but so much cheaper! Don’t try using coconut oil as these will turn out a greasy mess.

I’ll be back at the end of the week with a grain-free treat. It’ll even be… baked! I haven’t posted a grain-free baked treat in ages and figure it’s time. Until then, enjoy the balls. :)

18 comments on “No-Bake Lemon Coconut Oat Balls (gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free)” — Add one!

• Heather @ Life, Gluten Free says
    August 21, 2014 @ 10:08 pm

Those look good!

• Andrew says
    July 25, 2014 @ 11:26 am

These sound (and look) amazing! My partner is gluten intolerant and our most frequent visitor is vegan, so it’s great that to find new things to make that are so easily adaptable.

• Erin replies to Andrew
      July 29, 2014 @ 12:02 pm

I love comments like this! Thank you. :) So happy to know that spending time trying to make recipes allergy friendly actually does someone some good. :)

• Thalia @ butter and brioche says
    July 25, 2014 @ 11:10 am

yum! these definitely look delicious, the perfect sweet treats!

• Paula says
    July 24, 2014 @ 4:55 am

I want to try this recipe, I don’t know what coconut butter is ? They look great! plus it’s too hot to turn on the oven. Thank You!

• Erin replies to Paula
      July 24, 2014 @ 4:46 pm

Thanks! And check out the second to last paragraph for coconut butter info. I hope that helps! :)

• Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today says
    July 23, 2014 @ 9:21 pm

Sounds delicious.

• Susan says
    July 22, 2014 @ 9:35 pm

These sound absolutely sinfully delicious. Don’t know if they’ll work on my eating plan, but I’m definitely saving the recipe. Also, thanks for the white chocolate link. I like the idea of making it with coconut oil.

• Erin replies to Susan
      July 24, 2014 @ 4:48 pm

Same here! I tried homemade white chocolate before but wasn’t impressed. The version I linked to sounds healthier, at least. :)

• amanda @ fake ginger says
    July 20, 2014 @ 11:40 pm

These look amazing! I want!

• Rachel @ Bakerita says
    July 20, 2014 @ 7:05 pm

Love these balls for the summertime! These are perfect as a quick treat before or after a workout…and I LOVE that they’re no-bake! Pinned :)

• Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet says
    July 20, 2014 @ 6:59 pm

I love coconut and lemon together! These oat balls sound fantastic! Pinned!