The best 180 healthy Thanksgiving recipes! From turkey to dessert, this post has everything you need to plan a healthier Thanksgiving. With gluten-free, grain-free, and whole grain recipes.
I feel a little silly posting these Thanksgiving recipes before Halloween, but I know a lot of you are already planning your Thanksgiving menu, so I thought some people may appreciate this collection of healthy Thanksgiving recipes!
Why not make this Thanksgiving a little healthier? Then you don’t have to feel too guilty about overeating! Since I basically just post desserts and we shouldn’t only eat sweets for Thanksgiving, I’ve scoured the internet for the yummiest sounding healthy Thanksgiving recipes I could find. I’ve listed whole grain, gluten-free and grain-free options when relevant.
If you’re really just here for the desserts, scroll to the bottom where you’ll find loads of Thanksgiving desserts, most of which I’ve tried and loved. :)
There are also quite a few paleo options here, but if that’s what you need, be sure to check out my post on 100 paleo Thanksgiving recipes!
Need some vegetarian main dishes? Check out these 40 Vegetarian Main Dishes for Thanksgiving from Oh My Veggies!
- Savory Herb Rub Roasted Turkey from The Little Kitchen – Find out what the secret is to keeping your turkey moist!
- Grilled Turkey from Eat Boutique – Free up space in your oven with this grilled turkey!
- Thanksgiving Turkey Pavochon from The Noshery – How they do turkey in Puerto Rico!
- Butterflied Turkey with Cranberry-Molasses Glaze from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures – Butterflying the turkey results in a super moist and tender bird!
- Roasted Turkey Breast with Bacon and Herbs from Jelly Toast – Don’t need an entire turkey? Try this turkey breast recipe!
- Roasted Turkey Breast from What’s Gabby Cooking – Brine makes a world of a difference in this simple recipe!
- Cajun Turkey Breast from Feed Your Soul – It doesn’t get much easier than this spicy recipe!
- How to Make Turkey Gravy Recipe & Troubleshooting from Cookin’ Canuck – if you’re having problems with your gravy, this is the post for you!
- Make Ahead Turkey Gravy from The Yummy Life – Reduce stress on the big day by preparing this up to two days before!
- Gravy Recipe from Life’s Ambrosia – This basic technique can be used for any type of gravy!
- Foolproof Herbed Turkey Gravy from Sarah’s Cucina Bella – learn what makes this recipe foolproof!
- Vegetarian Wild Mushroom Gravy from Oh My Veggies – The perfect gravy for those who prefer a meat-free gravy.
- Homemade Gravy Without Drippings from Chocolate Moosey – This can be made a day ahead and fried onion adds a huge boost of flavor!
- Gluten-free Gravy from Saveur – This rich brown gravy is for garlic lovers only!
- Paleo Chicken Gravy from Health Starts in the Kitchen – This can also be used for turkey gravy!
- Gluten Free / Dairy Free / Vegan Gravy from Around My Family Table – Diet restriction super friendly yet delicious and easy.
- Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, Low-Fat Apple Cider Gravy from Savoring the Thyme – This gravy gets plenty of flavor from apple cider!
- Gluten-free Gravy from Serious Eats – Prepare this gravy the day before Thanksgiving, and then stir in the pan drippings the day of serving!
Almost all of these recipes can be adapted to be whole grain by using whole wheat bread!
- Sweet Bread Sausage and Medjool Date Stuffing from Farmgirl Gourmet
- Pecan Cranberry Stuffing with Sausage from Healthy Seasonal Recipes
- Sage Cornbread Stuffing from The Little Kitchen
- Classic Homemade Bread Stuffing from Baked by Rachel
- Sourdough Stuffing with Mushrooms, Apples and Sage from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Savory Stuffing from Wellness Mama
- Paleo Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe from A Girl Worth Saving
- Grain-free Thanksgiving Stuffing from Against All Grain
- Thanksgiving Caramelized Onion Sausage Stuffing from PaleOMG
- Grain Free Stuffing and Paleo Biscuits from Deliciously Organic
- Homestyle Stuffing (GAPS, paleo, primal) from Mommypotamus
- Gluten-free Cornbread and Bacon Stuffing from Recipe Girl
- Gluten-free Stuffing with Kale, Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms from Oh My Veggies
- Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipe with Autumn Fruit and Nuts from The Culinary Life
- Artichoke Sausage and Parmesan Stuffing from All Day I Dream About Food
- Soft and Fluffy Dinner Rolls (100% whole wheat) from Texanerin Baking
- Honey Whole Wheat Bread from Tutti Dolci
- Pumpkin Cornbread Baked in Jars from Healthy Food for Living
- Light Wheat Rolls from Cookie Jar Treats
- Pumpkin Drop Biscuits from The Rookie Cook
- Pumpkin Corn Muffins from Running to the Kitchen
- Whole Wheat Cranberry Rolls from Good Cheap Eats
- Honey Wheat Rolls from Taste and Tell
- Healthier Pumpkin Beer Bread with Bourbon Butter from Quarter Life Crisis
- Super Moist Cornbread from Yammie’s Gluten Freedom
- Gluten-free Biscuits and Gravy from Gluten-free on a Shoestring
- Sweet Potato Cornbread from Gluten-free Goddess
- Cheddar Sage Biscuit from Gluten-free Fix
- Gluten-free High Fiber Dinner Rolls from King Arthur Flour
- Gluten-free Dairy-free Soft Dinner Rolls from Simply Gluten-free
- Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins & Whipped Honey-Maple Cinnamon Butter from Boulder Locavore
- Paleo Cornbread from A Girl Worth Saving
- Grain-free Buttermilk Biscuits from Health Starts in the Kitchen
- Best Ever Almond Flour Pumpkin Muffins from Urban Poser
- Grain-free Apple Walnut Bread from Anja’s Food 4 Thought
- The Perfect Paleo Biscuit from Simply Living Healthy
- Honey Sweetened Orange Cranberry Sauce from Texanerin Baking
- Ginger and Citrus Cranberry Sauce from Beard + Bonnet
- Cranberry Raspberry Relish from Fork & Beans
- Cabernet Cranberry Sauce from The Kitchen is My Playground
- Apple/Apricot, Beet, Cranberry Sauce from Farm Fresh Eats
- Cranberry Applesauce from Texanerin Baking
- Hot Pepper Cranberry Sauce from Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Spiced Cranberry Sauce from The Corner Kitchen Blog
- Best Ever Slow Cooker Cranberry Chutney from Pineapple and Coconut
- Chipotle Lime Cranberry Sauce from All Day I Dream About Food
- Healthier Sauteed Apples from Texanerin Baking
- Roasted Pears from Spoonful of Flavor
- Crockpot Applesauce from Neighbor Food
- Sesame Roasted Pears from Nerds with Knives
- Prosciutto Wrapped Pears with Goat Cheese and Honey from The Little Things
No marshmallow recipes to be found here! ;)
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Unstuffed Sweet Potatoes with Spinach from Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Skinnier Sweet Potato Casserole from I Heart Eating
- Roasted Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad with Maple Orange Dressing from The Roasted Root
- Roasted Cinnamon Almond Sweet Potatoes from My San Francisco Kitchen
- Mashed Coconut Sweet Potatoes from Oatmeal with a Fork
- Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes from What’s Gaby Cooking
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes from Rachel Cooks
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes from Busy in Brooklyn
- Nana’s Sweet Potato Casserole – Lightened Up and Vegan from Everyday Maven
- Asiago Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli from The Comfort of Cooking
- Make Ahead Apple and Potatoes Tip from Donuts, Dresses and Dirt
- Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes from Created by Diane
- The Best Mashed Potatoes from Centercut Cook
- Low-Fat Parmesan Rosemary Mashed Potatoes from The Realistic Nutritionist
- Healthier Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes from Chocolate & Carrots
- Healthier Cheesy Potato Casserole from Persnickety Plates
- Creamy Low Fat Mashed Potatoes from Cookin’ Canuck
- Smoky and Cheesy Buttermilk Baked Mashed Potatoes from Picky Palate
- Vegan Perfect Seven Layer Salad from Namely Marly
- Roasted Asparagus from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Mashed Root Vegetables with Bacon Vinaigrette from Perry’s Plate
- Mashed Turnips with Bacon and Chives from Primally Inspired
- Vegan and Gluten-free Green Bean Casserole from Eat the Love
- Coconut Roasted Butternut Squash from This American Bite
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes in a Lemon Cup from Climbing Mountain Grier
- Brussels and Bacon from The Lemon Bowl
- Butternut Squash Cranberry Sorghum Salad from Savory Simple
- Butternut and Cranberry Freekeh Salad from Taste Love and Nourish
- Millet Pilaf with Roasted Carrot + Fennel from An Edible Mosaic
- Bacon Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese from Hidden Ponies
- Mashed Cauliflower and Kohlrabi from The Lemon Bowl
- Baked Butternut Squash Fries from Tales of an Overtime Cook
- Rutabaga Grain from Ricki Heller
- Grilled Broccoli Cauliflower Salad from Because I Like Chocolate
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon from Diethood
- Braised Carrots with Leeks from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Roasted Parsnips and Carrots from Bluebonnets & Brownies
- Butternut Squash Crumble from Chocolate Moosey
- Fennel Pollen Scented Quinoa Salad with Pomegranate & Mint from The Hungry Goddess
- Broccoli and Snow Pea Salad with Apple Butter Dressing from Dizzy Busy & Hungry
- Roasted Pumpkin with Goat Cheese & Thyme from Vintage Kitchen Notes
Some of these contain booze. So not exactly healthy. ;)
- Apple Cinnamon Whiskey from So Let’s Hang Out
- Apple Pie Spice Latte from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Spiked Ginger Cider from Bran Appetit
- Apple Berry Sparkler from Carla’s Confections
- Mulled Apple Cider from Haute Hammer
- Apple Cider Cups from A Taste of Koko
- 5 Delicious Thanksgiving Drinks from A Cedar Spoon
- Spiced Pomegranate Apple Cider from Good Life Eats
- The Perfect Thanksgiving Drink from I Should Be Mopping the Floor
- Paleo Spice Cake with Maple Cream Frosting from Texanerin Baking
- Apple Butter Cake with Maple Cinnamon Glaze from The Clean Dish (it’s a guest post I did)
- Mini Caramel Pecan Tarts from Texanerin Baking
- Vegan Paleo Maple Pecan Brownies from Beaming Baker
- Maple Cheesecakes with Pecan Crust from Texanerin Baking
- Pumpkin Coconut Mousse from My Whole Food Life
- Paleo Pumpkin Cake from Texanerin Baking
- Gluten-free Pumpkin Pie Tart from Marla Meridith
- Paleo Pumpkin Donuts from Texanerin Baking
- Vegan Paleo Apple Pecan Coconut Crisp from Beaming Baker
- Pumpkin Pecan Bars from Texanerin Baking
- Greek Yogurt Pumpkin Cheesecake Tart from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Gluten-free Cranberry Bundt Cake from The Tomato Tart
- Caramel Pecan Cheesecake Pie from Texanerin Baking
- Mini Vegan Chocolate Chip Berry Pies from Jew Hungry
- Maple Cream Pumpkin Pie with Buttery Gingersnap Crust from Spabettie
- Plum Hazelnut Yogurt Cake from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Caramel Apple Crumble Torte from Ricki Heller
- Gluten-free Pie Crust from King Arthur Flour
- Bourbon Pumpkin Cake (gluten-free, whole grain) from Texanerin Baking
- Honey Ginger Cranberry Apple Crisp from Food Doodles
- Maple Pecan Pie with Sprouted Spelt Crust from Nourished Kitchen
- Greek Yogurt Whole Wheat Maple Apple Cake from Bakeaholic Mama
- 100% Whole Grain Cranberry Apple Crisp from Texanerin Baking
- Lightened Up Pumpkin Spice Bars from Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars from Specialty Cake Creations
- Vegan Pumpkin Bread from Eating Made Easy
- Pumpkin Pie Bars (whole grain, gluten-free) from Texanerin Baking
- Apple Cranberry Crumb Pie with Whole Wheat Crust from Recipe Girl
- Spiced Pumpkin Layer Cake with Creamy Cinnamon Whipped Frosting from A Farm Girl’s Dabbles
That’s it! I hope you found something to add to your Thanksgiving menu this year. :)
16 comments on “180 Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes” — Add one!
These pumpkin pie crumble bars just looks so incredibly delicious and I am so craving a slice right now! Can I post it on my blog?
What do you mean with post on your blog? I’m happy you like the looks of them! :)
I don’t even know where to start, so many delicious looking creations! I guess life is short so maybe I’ll start with the Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars!
Definitely a good choice! :)
These pumpkin pie crumble bars are so Instagrammable and adorable! As you know, I made it a short while ago, and it was lovely! Thx for sharing!
You’re welcome! I’m glad you liked them. :) Thanks for your comments!
Definitely, your fantastic recipes are awesomeness! I love healthy food! I will recommend Pumpkin Pie Crumble Bars.
Thanks a bunch! :)
This list is really very helpful. Thanks for putting all the great recipes together.
You’re welcome! Happy you like it. :)
Absolutely love all these recipes! I prefer healthy food! And i’ll definitely try these recipes. First of all i would try Soft and Fluffy Dinner Rolls. Thx for sharing Erin!
This will be a great go to for any dishes you are looking for! Great roundup!
What an amazing collection of healthier recipes for Thanksgiving! I want to try them all. :)
OMG this list is fabulous!!! I can’t pick a favorite!
What an absolutely amazing collection of recipes!! I can’t wait to dig into this resource!
Wow! This list really does have something for everyone. My brother is a vegan and this helps give me ideas of what to add to our spread for him, thanks!